Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What?? An actual new post??

Yep, I know that I haven't posted in a while. .. I've been kind of busy on other things and couldn't do fun stuff. That and I'm ridiculously slow at painting. . .

I've been noodling with this for a while now. I'm pretty pleased with how its turned out but of course still see things that could be taken further. Am I alone in that I don't really finish pieces but abandon them??

Comments and critiques greatly appreciated! I'm trying to build my portfolio with some things that might be attractive to the Gaming Industry as a concept artist. . . Plus, I love doing fantasy stuff. Expect to see more, probably not soon. . .

Edit: made some revisions from suggestions. ..

2 comments:

shliknik said...

Alrighty! An update! Keep truckin' good buddy!

One critique: your colors all have the same value which makes it hard to tell what's in the forground/background. At first I didn't see the hand that's holding the spear. Just something to think about.

LATER

ian said...

Thanks Jason,
Yep, I get that a lot. You'd think I would be learning to get the depth and values a little better by now. .