Thursday, April 17, 2008

New Stuff. . .

If it seems like I can't decide on which direction to artistically its fully intentional . . .

yeah, that's it. I find that I tend to go through quick phases with my artistic endeavors, the good thing is that I tend to come back around to the same subjects/styles.

So first, here's a watercolor I did for my Grandma's birthday. Finished it last night, just in time to get in the mail today so that she gets it tomorrow (her birthday).
And next is a sneak peek at my next "fantasy storybook" illustration. Actually its more of a dinosaur than a "fantasy" beast. I hope to find the time to finish this before the end of the month. I am falling back into this genre pretty solid again and have about 4 of this type in progress. . . and yes, I'm aware that once again there are mushrooms. . . What, they fill the space nicely!

2 comments:

shliknik said...

Don't apologize for your work not having a consistent look right now. It SHOULDN'T!! Don't try to find a 'style'....practice different mediums, new techniques, different genres, etc...and your 'style' will develop over time.

Just have fun drawing.

shliknik said...

We need an update!
Gotta have an update!

GO! UPDATE GO!