Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mike Wieringo 1963-2007

I just read on his site this morning. I can't believe it. Mike's been one of the artists that I followed closely since returning to art. He has been the first blog of my daily blog stroll for some time now. His website showed a side that most artists (people for that matter) are never brave enough to show. And he put his opinions, fears, doubts right out there next to his incredible talent every day.

My deepest condolences go out to his family. Comfort lies in the fact that he is in a better place now.

Rest in Peace Mike, I wish I had gotten the chance to meet you.

Ian

1 comment:

shliknik said...

I read this too on 'drawn' this morning. I would ocassionally check Mike's blog and he was always forthcoming w/ info and genuially seemed like a nice guy.

I know very few comic book artist by name, but he was one of the few who I recognized immediately.

Did you get that info about Hartfold limited residency program?